Monday, December 2, 2013

Where Did The Time Go??

Oh where oh where has time gone?! They weren't lying when they said time flies.  It has been a hot minute since I last posted... Things got a little crazy in New Zealand... a good kind of crazy! I am going to attempt to catch everyone up on what happened during my last months on the other side of the world!


I left off with my adventure down the 309 rd.  The following couple of days I was so blessed to visit Hot Water Beach-- a beach in the Coromandel where you can dig your own pool in the sand and hot springs flow up from underground! 


You have to get there at low tide before the Antarctic water rushes in over the springs. 


Here I met a lovely girl called Sarah from Scotland who I became instant friends with! When the tide rushed in and devoured our holes, we decided to venture to Cathedral Cove together where Narnia Prince Caspian was filmed! 



 && what a magical place it was! The trek down to the cove was lush and the sun blessed us with its presence the whole way. 


The view was incredible as we ventured towards the limestone coves. 


One can definitely see why they chose such a place for a movie!


The end was ever so rewarding as we reached the beach. 




The Antarctic water did not stop Sarah and I from jumping in (and the fact that Prince Caspian once swam there may have had some inspiration too ;] ;] )







It was a splendid day and even better because I got to experience it with a fellow backpacker! 

The Karangahake Gorge--

On my over to Mount Maunganui on the east coast of the North Island, I stopped at the Karangahake Gorge, a winding canyon surrounded by rushing streams and home to old mining tunnels. 






Continuing to Mount Maunganui, I arrived to sunshine and calm, blue waters. 




Mount Maunganui is an extinct volcanic cone that rises up over the town Tauranga. In my 3 days at the Mount, I was able to climb it 4 times and experience some of the most incredible views--




Mount was one of my favorite places I visited in New Zealand and I think it was due to the fact that it reminded me so much of my home, St. Augustine.  I could definitely see myself living there one day! 

...to be continued


No comments:

Post a Comment