Saturday, December 14, 2013

Sydney, Australia!!

Leaving New Zealand was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do... I bid farewell to so many loved ones but took with me so many irreplaceable memories.

I arrived in Sydney, Australia to clear, blue skies and the fastest paced city I'd seen in 8 months.  After checking into my backpackers I went out to explore the city.  I took my very first subway ride and managed to only trip one man during business rush hour and was fortunate to hop on all the correct trains to reach the ferry terminal!

The ferry ride between islands offered a marvelous view of the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge...


My first stop was the Sydney Zoo where I made some furry friends...


...After discovering the Tasmanian Devil is actually quite lazy and wasn't down for a spin, I cruised on over to explore Manly Beach...


What a beautiful place! I hiked up the coastline until a storm snuck in and I decided to head back to the mainland to check in for the night.


I only spent 2 days in Sydney but I was fortunate to explore a good portion of the town and surrounding beaches as well as experience a busy city lifestyle (happy I made it out alive) && made many wonderful friends along the way!

Next stop... Cairns!

No comments:

Post a Comment